Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lost or Stolen Card

What do you do if you lose or have your card stolen?

I recently lost my GoBank card. At that point I should have used the debit card number to move my funds to Serve at no cost and instantly. Serve allows loading via debit card.

However I reported the card lost first which severely limits your options since the card number is no good. It's 2 weeks or more for a replacement card. That's a long time to go without your money.

Checking to see if an expedited card replacement is an option is something you should do with an account that is really on the card with no physical presence anywhere.

There is no option to expedite shipping of a new card with GoBank.

You will have to move your direct deposit or cancel it right away.

I set up ACH transfer between Serve and GoBank and requested my balance be moved. The funds were taken from GoBank on the 18th and still sit as 'processing' with Serve now 2 days later.